1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Both! But only in moderation–I love them both but too much of either makes me queasy.
2.Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Wraps presents–but we’re not big on the whole Santa thing. And Santa never signs his name, we just write who it’s to.
3.Coloured lights or white? Definitely white.
4. Do you hang misletoe? Nope! We’ve been married for ten years and still don’t need a reason for a little smooch!
5. When do you decorate for Christmas? Last part of November and into to the early part of December. The tree is usually up by the 10th.
6.What is your favourite holiday dish, excluding dessert? I really kinda prefer the desserts! Other than that, my Mom’s dressing!
7. Favourite holiday memory as a child? So many! But I used to love walking to my Aunt’s on Christmas Eve afternoon. And I’ve always loved the service on Christmas Eve.
8.When and how, did you learn the truth about Santa? I was around 8 or so, and it just didn’t make sense anymore. Really, how would that be possible?
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I did as a kid, and now my kids do. Usually a game, or something we can all do together before going to bed.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I love white lights, and lots of homemade ornaments. Lots of stuff with meaning. I’m definitely not big on the whole perfectly decorated tree thing, either. It’s always very obvious that ours was decorated by kids, and I love that!
11. Snow – love it or hate it? Neither (or both?) I love the first few snows of the year, and especially love it at Christmas time. But by Feburary, I’m ready for it to be gone.
12. Can you ice skate? I could as a kid. Went out last year for the first time in probably 10 years. I didn’t land on my behind, but was certainly close a few times!
13. Do you remember your favourite gift? So many favorites over the years! Love those little things that the kids pick out on their own!
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays to you? I love how excited my kids are, and being able to share with them why we celebrate Christmas. It’s so easy to get caught up in all the excitement, but we defintely love being able to share with the kids the true meaning of Christmas. And I love hearing them ask how many days until Jesus’s Birthday, instead of how many days until Christmas!
15. What is your favourite holiday dessert? Mom’s Jello cake!
16. What is your favourite holiday tradition? Making sugar cookies with the kids. It’s messy and we all end up covered in flour and they never look quite right, but we love it!
17. What tops your tree? A Star
18. What is your favourite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night. It gives me the tingles!
19. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Who doesn’t enjoy the receiving? Who’s going to admit it though?!! I love finding that perfect gift, and giving it!
20. Candy Canes – yum or yuck? Both–I love the first one or two. But I quickly get sick of them!
Play along if you want, but be sure to let me know so I can read your answers!